Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Carrots, Yum??

Well we are starting the next step in our eating adventure! We have officially graduated from rice cereal and we are moving on to vegetables. We are to start with yellow/orange veggies, then greens. We can only introduce a new food once every week, so slowly but surely we will get some food in his belly! LOL ONce we have mastered the veggies, we can move onto fruits. We don't want to create a sweet tooth first thing!

I have also decided that I want to try to make Beau's food at home rather than buying store babay food. So we will see how it goes! It is supposed to be better nutritionally as there are no fillers and no preservatives, and it's supposed to be way cheaper! I'm all about saving money! So today was my first adventure in the baby food making journey. And I must say after a small mishap, it went well. I decided to try carrots first! I was steaming the carrots on the stove, and I was outside with Kolby and Beau enjoying the nice afternoon, and completely forgot about my carrots! I boiled all of my water out of my carrots and burned the whole batch! It stunk sooo bad. Thankfully I only cooked half of my bag of carrots, so I had another batch of carrots for a second attempt! The second try went much better!! They were quite tasty, and I don't even like carrots! They were so sweet.

I mixed some rice cereal and breastmilk in with the carrots, and at first Beau wasn't too sure what to think about them. But by the end of the meal he was sold! I couldn't spoon it fast enough. I think Beau is going to be a good eater!

First bite...not quite sure...

Maybe these aren't soooo bad

Okay, okay, I kinda like them

Give me more!!!



No comments: