Sunday, November 27, 2011

THE PARTY!!!!

I must start out by saying that I believe that the party was indeed a hit!  We had so many family members and friends there to celebrate the special day with us.  I felt so blessed!  I had been working for weeks on all of the homemade decorations I wanted to do for the party.  The theme for the party was Super Mario.  I handmade the invitations, and I was so thrilled with how they turned out!  All of my decorations were so cute and I was so excited by how it all looked in the end!



The day before the party was a busy, full day for this mama!  My mom and SIL came in a day early to help me finish up all the last minute details and baking that needed to be done.  A big THANK YOU goes out to them for the help!  We baked and iced 27 cupcakes, Beau's smash cake, dipped alot of candy pretzels, made candy star lollipops, and made some mushroom cake pops!  Lots of sweets at this party!  I didn't go to bed that night until 2AM!  But we got it all done, and that's what counts! 

Saturday morning we were working on the last minute details while Kolby took Beau and all of his family out to eat breakfast and let the kiddos go run around Cabellas and look at all the animals.  While my mom and SIL finished up all of the spread at the house, I ran to the store to get the last few things we forgot needed.  Let me interject here: for about the past week we have had absolutely gorgeous weather, Saturday, not so much...there was a massive cold front that had blown in, it rained Friday night and Saturday was so frigidly cold and windy, it was almost unbearable.  Anyways, so I ran to the grocery store to get the goodies and the balloons.  It was such a nightmare trying to get those balloons to/in my car with the wind whipping them all around.  I just knew they were going to carry me away any minute.  I made it back to the house in time to get dressed and ready for the party to start...but just barely! haha Poor little Beau was still napping and we had to wake him up to get him dressed, so needless to say, he was a little grouchy there at the beginning.
We had ordered a bounce house for the party for all the kiddos, well, by about 20 min before the party started they hadn't shown.  We called them, and guess what?!?!?!  WE WEREN'T EVEN ON THEIR LIST!!!! I was so beyond mad!  I had made the reservation a week ago.  The man said they could get someone out there quickly, but they still showed up about an hour late, and they made us still pay full price.  I don't think we will be doing that again....I let it go because I didn't want it to ruin the party, but I was soooo angry!


And so the party began! Kolby manned the grill to cook the burgers and hot dogs while I tried to entertain the mass of people who were inside...which was everyone since it was so cold! We did chips and dip for appetizers.  The menu was simple, burgers and hotdogs, chips, and all the sweet treats.  We had goody bags fore the kids to take home. 




Poor Bubba! Right after this picture was taken, he burned his poor little finger on his candle!!  After that happened, he didn't want anything to do with his cake.  We basically had to force feed him his first little bit so he could realize that it was really yummy!




Beau got so many amazing presents!  We are considering skipping Christmas gifts all together because it already looks like Christmas in our living room from all of Beau's new toys!  He got several different Tonka Chuck trucks, vtech toys, clothes, and books.  Some of them he's not too sure about just yet, but I'm sure it won't take him long to catch on to them.  Once the day had ended, we were all exhausted, but the party was a wonderful success!!  Now we have another year to start planning the next party! LOL





No comments: