Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cha Ching!! But not in the good way!!!

Dollar Signs Pictures, Images and Photos

So I have been needing to take Moe and IDK to the vet for a while now, but we always have somehting going on Saturdays when the vet is only open half a day, or I haven't been able to take off of work to take them. So finally I just gave in and called work and told them I would be coming in late because I needed to take my dog to the vet.
Now I can't handle them both by myself, so I decided to take IDK first. Well of course when I woke up that morning, it was pouring down rain outside...figures! So I get ready and I finally get just IDK out the door, because of course Moe wants to go (wherever we are going, she doesn't care) too! Thankfully the vets office is just at the front of our subdivision, because as I pull into the parking lot, I see that I have forgotten my purse. Figures! I go back to the house grab my purse, go back to the vet office and run with IDK through the rain into the office. Oh yeah, and when I get there and go to put IDK on the leash, I see that she doesn't have her collar on...great! So I make a loop with the leash and use it as a makeshift collar.
She was due for her annual checkup and shots, and all of that went fine. But oh my gosh, when I paid out, it totalled up the $200!!!! I couldn't believe it!! The annual exam was $77, and then they still charged me an office visit of $50 on top of that. If I had known that, I think I would have elected to do the annual exam outside in the rain so that I didn't have to pay the office visit charge.
Needless to say, that was way higher than I had anticipated it being! Thank God we love her as much as we do!!! haha But if I have to make a positive from it, IDK did a great job with everything that they did to her...poor baby! They said she was the cutest, sweetest little girl (which we already knew, of course)! I still owe Moe a visit to the vet, but I guess we'll have to save up a little before that one will be happening!!

1 comment:

Family of Five said...

My gosh! You need a different vet! :)