Saturday, February 6, 2010

Time for an Update...

Well, well, well, let's see...Life is still going for us over here! We do have a few things to announce, though! First off, Kolby got a new job!!! He's back working in the oil field, on the drilling side now working for Sun Drilling Products. No more LaQuinta for him! He's been there about a week and a half, and so far he says he likes it, which is good! With this news, our plans drastically changed...

We were originally planning to move when our lease was up, further South where we could be closer to our families. However, God had different plans for us, so for the time being as long as Kolby has this job, we will be staying put! I'm excited about the new opportunity, and that we don't have to pack up and move, but I have to admit I'm a little bummed that we aren't going to be closer to everyone! Other than the distance from our families, we really do love where we are living. Plus, we both have good jobs, which we are so thankful for! We really don't have anything to complain about in life right now (for once, haha)! We have also been blessed with great neighbors/friends, if it weren't for our neighbors, we wouldn't know anyone, because neither Kolby or my coworkers do anything outside of work...so thank God for our fun neighbors!!!

I'm still putting along at my job, doing the same thing I always do! I'm playing on our neighbors work volleyball team in a rec league once a week, so that helps me occupy some of my free time, and I'm really having fun playing!!! I didn't realize how much I missed playing volleyball, I'm not great at it, but I just love to play! And with Kolby's new work schedule, I'm looking for ways to fill my free time!! I've been doing alot of scrapbooking, I've almost got IDK's book finished, and it looks so good, I'm so proud of myself. Yay!! Once hers is done, I've got our cruise and NYC trip to start working on! If yall have any ideas for activities, I'm open to suggestions!!!

Kolby is working non-stop! While it's long hours, he says it's pretty easy work, so that is good!! We are all trying to adjust to the new work schedule, especially the puppies!! They were spoiled while Kolby and I had opposite schedules when he worked at LaQuinta because they never stayed home alone. Well, that's not the case anymore, they have to stay home alone for about 6 hours a day now, and they think that they are just so mistreated!!! Poor babies!! But they get plenty of loving when we are home, and we catch them up on their spoiling then!!

Let me see, what else can I torture yall with...

Oh yeah, so about a month ago, we noticed that Moe Moe had developed a small round lump under the skin on her right front leg. It is about the size of a dime, but it has not continued to grow. I've been trying not to freak out about it, but I can't just ignore it. So I went into research mode and my non-veterinarian training believes that she has a lipoma. They are very common in female dogs as they age. I'm still going to take her in and have her evaluated, but that's what I'm thinking (hoping) it is! As for IDK, she's just as wild as always, I don't think she's ever going to grow out of that puppy energy!!! She keeps us on our toes!

That's about all I got for us right now! I'll leave you with some recent pictures of the girls, cause I don't have any of us!!!




1 comment:

Family of Five said...

Glad Kolby likes his new job! Let me know about Moe's lipoma!