Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!!!


So yesterday was my Birthday!!! WooWoo!! The big 2-3!!! Gosh I feel old, haha. But really, I've had a good birthday week!! Getting to spend the weekend with my family was fabulous, and very much needed. And I'll be getting to go back in 2 weeks for little Miss Alexis' 1st birthday party and July 4th, CAN'T WAIT!!! So let's recap the week shall we...

Monday:

We drove home from Utopia in a mad dash to make it back for the last half of the day of work because we were supposed to have a department meeting, which I learned upon walking into the office had been postponed to the following day, since another member of the team was out that day too...figures! Oh well...we made it back in one piece, and we needed a vacation to recover from our vacation, but we had a great time!

I went to work for the last half of the day...(which was completely pointless, because I got basically nothing done while I was there!) After work, Kolby and I went to supper and a movie. We decided to do a light supper and get goodies at the movies instead! Bad, I know. We ate at the BBQ place right next to the theater, and for the life of me I can't remember the name of it right now!!! Yummy!! We saw Get Him to the Greek, raunchy, yet funny. A good stupid comedy movie!

Tuesday:


Went to work...as usual! Kolby texts me about lunch time saying: "Babe, I just saw a mouse run through the kitchen!" He then commences to tell me that he didn't see where it went, so he's guessing it is holed up somewhere in our house. I told him to call the pest people and he said he would. That was the last I heard about it for the day...When I got home from work, Kolby said he wanted to give me my gift a day early, so who was I to object??? But first he asked me if I would get him a small glass of water to drink...which I thought was a strange request, because he was being so specific...Well I went into the kitchen and opened the cabinet where we keep the small glasses, and out pops this little fake mouse on a string, complete with squeaking noises and everything!!!! Scared the crap out of me!!! Needless to say I slapped the cabinet shut and went back to the living room to pound on Kolby, finding him laughing his head off, of course!!! I didn't even see my present he had hidden in the cabinet along with the mouse. So he went and pulled it out and here it is!!!

The brand new Canon camera we have been wanting to get for a while!!! I say we...really it's me! I was super excited! Our camera is about 5 years old, and we were due for an upgrade. I love that it's orange too, made my day!!! He also got me a new, bigger memory card to go with it! LOVE it!!!

Kolby had already made plans to go to our neighbors house for a man date to watch Game 6 of the NBA Finals, so I took the opportunity to have a girls dinner! I invited my couple of friends, but in the end only one could go, but it was great, we got plenty of time to catch up. Jen and I went to eat at Macaroni Grill! Yummmmy!!! Great evening with a girlfriend!

Wednesday:

This was my actual birthday day!!! I got Kolby to go with me and do a little looking (no buying, yet) at Babies R' Us. He didn't seem completely overwhelmed! I'm sure it won't be long before he gets tired of that place, haha. We picked up a shower gift, and caught dinner at BJ's Restaurant on the way home. It made for a pretty good wrap up for my big day!

Thursday:

NBA Finals game 7 tonight, meaning we were strapped to the house/tv! Kolby cooked steaks and corn, and I fixed some mashed potatoes. It was yummy! My friend Laura came over to enjoy with us because she couldn't make it to the girls dinner we had Tuesday night. Although the Celtics barely lost it, it was a good evening overall!

That's about all I have to report for this week in the "what's going on in our lives" report. Hope it was as exciting for you as it was for us!

No comments: