Sunday, June 6, 2010

Week 13 Survey!!!

Baby's now the size of a peach!!!

Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)

Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, their veins and organs are clearly visible through their still-thin skin, and their body is starting to catch up with their head — which makes up just a third of their body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries.

Your baby is 2 1/2 to 3 inches long, the size of a medium goldfish. It weighs about one ounce. Your baby is shorter than a finger, but their face is already showing individual features and characteristics! Their ears are now developed enough that they may be able to hear when you sing, hum, or talk. Your baby spends it's time in your womb flexing their new and developing muscles and joints. Bouts of prenatal hiccups are strengthening your baby's diaphragm, which is preparing their respiratory system for breathing. Less glamorous but highly necessary organ systems for making hormones, absorbing nutrients, and filtering waste are also in place this week. The pancreas, gall bladder, and thyroid have developed, the kidneys can make urine, and their bone marrow is making white blood cells to help fight infection after they're born.




Survey


How far along? 13 weeks

Weight Gain? Officially up 4 lbs...

Maternity clothes? Kolby's mom came to see us and we went shopping and found some really cute maternity tops, and my mom went garage saling this weekend and said she got me some really cute tops and some jeans to try out, so we'll see how those fit next week, when we go see her!

Stretch marks? No thanks!

Sleep? Other than last night, sleep's been better this week. Last night Moe had something that was bothering her face and she wouldn't sit still and kept scratching, I think I was up about every 1-2 hours with her...(I think it was like having a baby!!)

Best moment this week? Hearing the heartbeat at my appointment and giving Kolby the dr's appointment report

Movement? None, yet! I think I'm going to start getting crazy and feeling phantom movement because I want to feel the baby move and I don't want to brush it off as gas and miss it!

Belly Button: In or Out? In

Food cravings?
I think I'm going to count mashed potatoes a my craving for the week, I've wanted them alot, but I've been too lazy to make them myself, but I did have some when we went to Boston Market for work lunch.

Gender? We are still hoping it's a boy! But we won't know til birth day!

Labor signs? Nope, we've been all good!

What I miss? We went to Texas de Brazil and I had to eat all my meats well done instead of medium-medium rare, it wasn't too bad...

What I'm looking forward to? Moving into the 2nd trimester and getting some energy back!!! And all the baby shopping that is in the near future!

Weekly Wisdom: No wisdom for this week...I've had pregnant brain pretty bad this week, I'll walk into the kitchen and not be able to remember what I came in for, or be talking and forget what I was going to say mid-sentence....it's very frustrating!

Milestones: 2nd good report at Dr. Appointment!!!




No comments: