Monday, October 15, 2012

Show & Tell Link Up ~ When I was 17



I'm linking up with Becky again over at FromMrstoMama for her Show & Tell series! I missed last weeks link up, but who's really gonna tell, right??  This one looks like a fun one, so here goes!

1. When you were 17, tell us what kind of car you drove, where you worked, and what you were usually up to on the weekends?
When I was 17, I drove a 2003 purple VW Beetle. Ah it was the best car ever!  It was a turbo deisel, and it got like 50 miles to the gallon.  Sadly, I totalled her in 2008 the week after my college graduation :-(  But I was able to walk away without even a scratch, so she did her job to keep me safe.  Ah, I miss her!  I lived in a very small town that had very minimal employment opportunity, so I didn't have a real job.  I would work a little at the little grocery store in town and on Saturday's I would fill in for the antique/gift shop in town when the manager was out of town. Umm, my weekends were pretty uneventful for the most part.  I wasn't a big partier, and I didn't ever (and still don't today really...) see the appeal of "cruising" around.  So unless my friends to go to the movies (which was a 45min drive for us) or go shopping or something like that, I pretty much stayed home with the family.  I was a pretty big nerd in highschool, and still am today, so I also spent some Saturday's at UIL academic competitions.  I actually enjoyed them quite a bit :-) as I said, NERD!

2. Show us a picture of you when you were 17 {roughly}.
Me and my two cousins at the state UIL competition
 
3. When you were 17, tell us what you wanted to be when you "grew up."
Well, when I was 17, I was in my senior year, and I had always wanted to be an architect or some type of engineer.  I don't really know when my mind changed, but at some point I changed my mind to being an accountant.  My mom did bookkeeping work all my life growing up, so I had been around it and math just came easily to me, so it seemed like a good choice.  Plus, that job is alot more universal (location wise) than an architect or engineer. 
 
4. When you were 17, tell us the kind of boys that you dated. Did you have a type? Do you have a relationship you remember well? Tell us about it.
Umm, well, considering I had only had one boyfriend before I was 17, I wouldn't really say I had a type.  I was not a big dater...or dater at all really.  There were only about 60-70 people in my highschool, pretty much all of which I had gone to school with since kindergarten.  That doesn't really make much of a dating pool, lol!  My one boyfriend was an out-of-towner needless to say.  But, when I was 17, the summer before my senior year, I met my then boyfriend, and now husband.  We dated long distance all through my senior year, and then were reunited when I went off the college.
 



5. When you were 17, tell us where you pictured your life 10 years from then. Did it turn out the way you expected it to?
For the most part, I would have to say yes.  I always knew that I wanted to be a young mom.  I didn't really have a set plan, but I just didn't want to have my first child in my 30's.  I would say that it worked out pretty good.  I got married young at 19, and finished up college, worked for a few years and then had the ability/opportunity to be able to stay home with my little man.  Doesn't get much better than that!  


1 comment:

Veronika said...

Hi! Visiting from the show n tell, the antique job sounds like fun!