Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Unexpected trip to Utopia...

The weekend of October 2-4 I made an unplanned trip to Utopia for an even more unexpected reason. I learned Monday, September 28, that my Uncle Tim Long had been killed in a work related accident at the feed and seed mill that he was working at. He was down in a trench working on construction when the side of the trench gave way trapping him under the rubble. He was my dad's older brother by 18 months at the age of 50, and the father to my cousins Kendall, Stormy, and Ashley. It was a very nice service, and it was good to be home, though not under those circumstances. He was buried in Utopia, in our family's plot.

Tim Long 1959-2009
This a picture of me, Ashley, my Mamaw, Kendall, and Stormy...this is all of her grandaughters!

No comments: