Saturday, November 14, 2009

Yet another Success!!!

So, today I had a good ol' day to myself, kolby went on a "man-date" with our nighbor Chad. They went to TCU to watch college game day being filmed there on campus. What a great guy thing for me to skip!!! So I took myself down to one of my most favorite places....Hobby Lobby!!! I could spend forever in there!
I finally was able to get my college diploma framed!!!! I've only been out of college for a year now, I graduated in Dec. 2008, but I have just been putting it off...Bad, I know! My mother-in-law gave me a gift card to Hobby Lobby for this exact purpose, so I finally put it to use!!! I am so happy with the results, it looks absolutely great!!! I think I ended up with a 16X20in frame, I can't remember, but it seems like it is huge! I went with the purple since that is Tarleton's school color, it wasn't just a random decision, haha *wink*! Here is a picture of the finished product, I know, it's still in the plastic, but I don't want the girls to scuff it up before I can find a place to hang it!!!!
My second project of the day was yet another wreath...this time a Christmas wreath! YAY!!! Although I'm not one to put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, I thought that since I had the day to myself that I would get a jump on this project, since I wasn't too sure how I wanted to attack it!!!
Before you see the pictures of the finished project, I just want to put in my plug here and that is "that I'm so pround of myself yet again, I feel that I always underestimate my abilities on crafts, but when they are done, I think they turn out pretty good!!" I took the same approach as the fall wreath in that I looked at the premade wreaths first. But, yet again, I really wasn't into any of them, and they were expensive! So I started gathering my decorations!!! I decided to go with a red/gold theme, I don't really know what drew me to this, I just really liked the glitter, I think! So without further ado, here she is:

Berfore:

In progress:
Finished Product:

P.S. - I'm getting better at this bow making, too! I don't know if they are looking better, but they are definitely getting easier for me too make!!

1 comment:

Bug said...

Look at that bow!!! It's gorgeous!!! I need some of those to put on my girls ponytails!!!