Sunday, May 23, 2010

Week 11 Survey!!!

Baby's now the size of a lime!

Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. It's hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under their gums, and some of their bones are beginning to harden.

They're already busy kicking and stretching, and their tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as their body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that their diaphragm is forming.




Survey



How far along? 11 weeks

Maternity clothes? I wore my first maternity shorts this week. The next thing on my list is maternity shirts, the majority of my shirts are too short and won't work any more!

Stretch marks? No thanks!

Sleep? Not as great this week, I think it may be time to invest in the body pillow...

Best moment this week? Realizing that I feel like I am really starting to show!

Movement? None, yet! It says I have another month or so before I feel anything.

Food cravings? I really wanted a Schlotzsky's roast beef sandwich this week...so I got one!

Gender? We are still hoping it's a boy! But we won't know til birth day!

Labor signs? Nope, we've been all good!

What I miss? Big Reds!!!!...still...yes, still...

What I'm looking forward to? Starting to look at baby items and deciding how we want to do the nursery

Weekly Wisdom: Don't be a procrastinator...This is my advice to others, I'm still trying to apply this to myself!

Milestones: I read that this week the diaphragm is forming. I was born with congenital daiphragmatic hernia (CDH) so this week is a big week. Please pray that everything is going as it should in my belly!!!

Please disregard the stringy hair in this picture...it's just yuck!

No comments: