Sunday, May 30, 2010

Week 12 Survey!!!!

Baby's now the size of a plum!!!!

As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of baby's systems are fully formed.

The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.

Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be.




Survey


How far along? 12 weeks

Weight Gain? According to my home scale, I'm up 3 pounds, but we shall see at the dr. appt this week

Maternity clothes? Definitely need to add more to wardrobe! Pretty much none of my pants that aren't already stretchy will button...

Stretch marks? No thanks!

Sleep? Still need to go get that body pillow...

Best moment this week? Having the first person ask me if I was pregnant. Should I be worried, because they didn't know anything, they just blindly asked, maybe I'm looking fatter, haha!

Movement? None, yet! Hopefully in the next few weeks!

Belly Button: In or Out? In

Food cravings?
Gummy candy of any sort this week! I was drawn to it at the grocery store, not the healthiest of options, but as they say, what baby wants, baby gets!

Gender? We are still hoping it's a boy! But we won't know til birth day!

Labor signs? Nope, we've been all good!

What I miss? I try not to let the dogs sleep on my belly when we are snuggling on the couch, they don't think they are close enough to me!

What I'm looking forward to? Dr. Appointment this Thursday!

Weekly Wisdom: Make a list of questions, that way you won't forget when the baby is pressing on your brain!

Milestones: 12 Weeks!!!! The (semi) magical number, my chance of miscarriage lowers dramatically after this point, Woohoo!!! And almost starting the 2nd Trimester!!!






1 comment:

Bug said...

YAY, you posted!! Love LOVE the surveys and your little baby bump!! ADORABLE!!! Can't wait to meet the little cheese!!!