Sunday, August 1, 2010

Week 21 Survey!!!

Baby's now the size of a banana!!!

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.






Survey


How far along? 21 weeks

Weight Gain? I have hopped on the scale this week and it said 129!!! Oh gosh, that's a total wieght gain of 16 lbs from the start!

Maternity clothes? That's all I can fit into now, I'm even about to outgrow some of my pants, I think I'm just going to cut them at the waist to see if I can wear them a little longer...

Stretch marks? Haven't seen any.....yet...

Sleep? Better, still wake up alot throughout the night to reposition, but generally I'm waking up feeling more rested.

Best moment this week? We got all of our furniture put together/set up in the nursery! But the best moment came Sunday when I felt him kick with my hand through my stomach!!! Now if he would just cooperate so that Daddy could feel!

Movement? Throughout the week I was feeling him here and there, a few times a day I would say, but the movement still wasn't feeling very strong. I guess because of my placenta being anterior and him kicking it. But Sunday, I was sitting on the couch watching TV, and all of a sudden, he gave me a HUGE kick, like it startled me! It was right below and on my right side of my belly button. I immediately put my hand on my belly (for some reason, I think it helps me sit still and concentrate on the movement), and sure enough, I felt another whopping kick and I just knew I felt it with my hand too, not just internally! I moved my hand off my belly, and he gave another kick, and I could see a little nudge on my belly too!! He did this a few times and then he stopped...I immediately called Kolby and told him about it! It was so wierd/awesome!!! It's just crazy, and it's one more thing that makes this pregnancy/baby that much more reality!!

Belly Button: In or Out? Not out yet! But it won't be much longer I don't think...

Food cravings? Cottage cheese and pickles are my daily must haves!

Gender? A little dude!

Labor signs? Nope, we've been all good! I hope to not write anything else here for a long time!

What I miss? Being able to ride comfortably for long car trips, this problem has reared it's ugly head in the last couple weeks, and I fear that it will only get worse.

What I'm looking forward to? Lots of goodies to lok forward to in the coming weeks/months! Shopping, showers, and a growing belly!

Weekly Wisdom: My friend/neighbor had her baby this week, and she said "get the epidural, it was pure bliss!"

Milestones: 3 weeks to the viability point!


No comments: