Sunday, August 8, 2010

Week 22 Survey!!!

Baby's now the size of a papaya!!!


At 11 inches and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.





Survey


How far along? 22 weeks

Weight Gain? Officially up 18 lbs as of Thursday at my dr. appt!

Maternity clothes? That's all I can fit into now, my mom sent me some super cute dresses that I can't wait to try out!

Stretch marks? Haven't seen any.....yet...Got me some new cocoa butter that smells so much better, I can actually stand to put it on!

Sleep? I go to bed at about 9pm in an attempt to get enough sleep, but I'm still waking up several times throughout the night...ugh it's frustrating!

Best moment this week? Getting to hear our little man's strong heart beating!

Movement? Still kicking up a storm, he likes to kick in the middle of the night I've learned...little stinker!

Belly Button: In or Out? Not out yet! But when I push my belly out, it gets completely flattened, so it's getting closer to being out!

Food cravings? Cottage cheese and pickles are my daily must haves!

Gender? A little manly man!

Labor signs? Nope, we've been all good! I hope to not write anything else here for a long time!

What I miss? Nothing this week, I've enjoyed myself this week!

What I'm looking forward to? Going to register and look at all the fun baby things!

Weekly Wisdom: Wear maternity dresses, they are OH so comfortable!

Milestones: 2 weeks to the 24 week viability point! We're getting close!

No comments: