Saturday, February 19, 2011

Getting some Bumbo lovin'

Well, I finally did it! I hadn't broken out our Bumbo seat yet, as I thought that Beau was still too little for it. Well, I guess that I'm just in denial that my newborn baby is already growing up on me! He's getting sooo big so fast. Kolby and I are constantly in awe of what a big boy he is and how he already looks like a "grown baby"!

This week, Beau and I went to our first ever play group. I found it online, and its a group for babies in my area that were born in 2010 and 2011. I was of course the youngest mother there and Beau was the youngest baby. But it was still fun to get out of the house and meet some other new mommies! Well the woman who was hosting the play date at her house let Beau use her daughter's Bumbo, and he fit just perfectly!! So I came home and dug ours out of the closet so that we could get to using it. Beau really seems to like sitting in it. It lets him sit up with great support and allows him to look all around, which he loves to do! It's also helping him with his neck/head control. He still loses his neck balance from time to time, but he is doing so well.
Oh, and I wanted to update yall on Beau's torticollis. We've been doing our exercises and going to therapy for a few weeks now, and we can already see an improvement! He is still favoring his right side, but he will now willingly turn his head to the left, sometimes even voluntarily! He is also getting greater extension in turning his head to the left. Both of these are improvements and we are to continue what we have been doing. Oh, and yes, he still hates the exercises and screams through the majority of it in protest! Lots of fun for Mommy! I've started to do his exercises while he is sleeping and that's the easiest way for me to do them. If I don't get to them while he's sleeping, I let him watch TV while we do the exercises, it at least keeps him moderately entertained where he won't scream bloody murder and fight with me for the entirety of the exercises.

Thursday, Feb. 17



"What, Mom?!"
Saturday, Feb. 19




No comments: