Thursday, May 5, 2011

Another first??

We have crossed another first off of Beau's list this month. Though it is one that you don't mark off happily. Beau has attended his first funeral. He and I went with my grandma to her aunt's funeral. So the funeral was for my great grandmother's sister, she was 99 years old. So, while any funeral is sad, this was truly a celebration of a long happy life. I had never met her, but my grandma asked me to go so she could have at least one of her grandchildren/great grandchildren to show off to all of her cousins. The only person I knew at the funeral was my grandma, but everyone was very welcoming and they all loved on Beau like we had known them forever, haha! Overall, while it funerals are never "fun", I must say that this was a very nice service with even nicer people.


Beau all dressed up in his finest

Mamaw and Beau

3 generations

Me and my little man



No comments: