Sunday, May 15, 2011

Parties and more parties

This past weekend I headed to Utopia for some "partying"! Haha, well really a 60th birthday party and a baby shower! Kolby was supposed to be going to work in Colorado (possibly for up to 2 weeks) so I packed to stay down there for a while. Oh my goodness, my car was so stuffed!! I had Beau and me, both dogs, and all of our stuff for two weeks! Stuffed! Well, long story short, it was a long hard trip to make by myself. I ended up stopping in Austin at Kolby's brothers work office so that he could watch Beau and the dogs so I could use the bathroom. Lol!

And as you would guess it, I said above, Kolby was supposed to go to work for 2 weeks in Colorado. Well, they ended up not sending him at all, so he sat for a week by himself at the house for no reason! We were not very happy about it, he could have come with me if his company could have had their act together! Ugh, oh well, we are used to it!

When I stopped in Austin, Moe thought it was her turn to ride in the carseat!!! That dog cracks me up!

The first party we had to attend was Kolby's aunt's 60th birthday party in Leakey. It was nice to get to see all of the family again! Beau got some good lovin' of course!

Beau with Grammy

My MIL with her mom and all of her sisters

Jenna and me with the babes (Beau has the bug eyes going on, haha)

Beau and Grandma

Next up was the baby shower! Of course the parties were on the same day at the same time, so we had to share our time between the two, but it all worked out! I went to high school with the mommy-to-be (and the rest of the girls too), so it was nice to see everyone and catch up!

All of girls

Gotta rub the belly!

After the shower, all of us girls hung out by my friend's parent's pool, and her dad cooked us hamburgers and hotdogs.

Beau with Aunt Somers (one of my bestest friends!)

My friend's parents got some good practice taking care of Mr. Beau. Both of their children are expecting babies later this year, and they are beyond excited! So I was happy to let them love on Beau, letting me hang out down by the pool!



No comments: