Sunday, January 24, 2010

Better late than Never!!!

I know, I know...this is so late!!! But I just couldn't bring myself to skip it all together, so I'm only a month behind...so what, who cares?!?! Here we go...

We were able to wrangle a few days out of our work schedules to go to Utopia for 3 days. Definitely not a long enough visit, but we take what we can get!!! We had such a great time in Utopia, I always do! I really miss being close to home and I want to be able to drop in whenever we can, not have to plan time off just to go home...so hopefully that will be doable in the near future! Enjoy the pictures from Christmas with my family!
We stole Alexis to use as our own!!!

Pretty girl!

We got Brayden a miniature drum set, at first he wasn't to sure about it, but after we showed him what to do, he was all over it!! His favorite was the cymbal!

Kolby with his mix and match beer samples

Kolby with our neice Alexis

Our girlies!

Playing on the stairs, we would go up and down, up and down, and repeat!

Me and the little girl, I don't know why she looks so scared...

there's a happy face!

After a full day of play and present opening, we all needed a nap!

We headed home on Christmas Eve because Kolby had to work that night. We made it to Temple with no problem to stop and have Christmas with Penny, and go to eat supper with her. I didn't get any pictures from this stop, dang it! From Temple on to Fort Worth was when the nightmare began!!! A normal trip from Temple to our house usually takes about 2.5 hours, well, this night, it took us about another 6 hours or so!!! There was so much snow and ice on the road, traffic was literally going less than 5 mph, there were cars all in the ditches! From Kolby's work to our house is a 20 mile stretch, and in those 20 miles, we saw 17 cars stuck in the bar ditch on the side of the road!!! It was crazy evening and an exhausting drive, which I made Kolby do, because I didn't trust myself to drive in those conditions. And might I say that he did AWESOME!!!!
Here is the sight that we had waiting for us at our house!!!!

SNOW!!!!!

We had Christmas morning at our house, just the 4 of us!

And of course, no post would be complete without subjecting yall to pictures of our cute girls!!!!


1 comment:

Family of Five said...

I bet James and Ashley loved you guys for that drum set! Just remember, paybacks are hell! :)