Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 3: Sight seeing and the Top of the Rock

To wrap up our last night in New York, we decided to go out to dinner, go look around some more and to finish it off we wanted to go to the Top of the Rock. We had a toss up between going to the observation deck on the Empire State Building which is 87 stories high, or we could go to the Top of the Rock, which is the observation deck on Rockefeller Center, which is 67 stories high. Due to price differences and recommendations, we chose to go to the Top of the Rock! Everything we had read said it had better views, and it was cheaper! Enjoy our last night in The Big Apple!!!


We got to go to Penn station on accident, we didn't know where we were, and we looked and saw the sign, so we got to mark another sight off our list!
For supper, Kolby was dying to go eat at an actual White Castle burger joint. So we looked it up and trecked all the way back to Times Square to eat at White Castle.
While we were out and about in the area, we did a bit more sight seeing!
And of course, we couldn't leave without seeing the original Macy's Department Store, there's 11 stories of Macy's here!

Their amazing window displays, this year they were depicting the Miracle on 34th Street

And now for my favorite part of our whole trip, and what ended up being Kolby's least favorite part!
I'm scared of elevators and of heights, so I was scared to death to go up there at first. But I wasn't going to let it stop me, I wanted to see the whole city! I knew Kolby didn't like heights, but he ended up hating it the whole time he was up there! I felt bad for him, but I took some great pictures so he could see without having to go to the edge!
Who could hate these views?! It was amazing!
With a clear sky, you can see up to 80 miles from the top!
Kolby, Grandma, Penny, and Keifer

Me and my man on top of the world!




No comments: