Sunday, January 3, 2010

Finishing up Day 2: Wall Street and Times Square

Continuing on with Day 2 - I finally got some down time to finish out blogging about our trip! To finish off Day 2, we rode the subway down to the financial district to Wall Street. After seeing the sites down there, we decided on out trip back to the hotel that we would go ahead and stop at Times Square since we wanted to go down there at night while it was all lit up! I will warn you now that this post will subject you to picture overload, not that the others haven't already! There were just so many good ones, I couldn't decided which to put up and I didn't want to leave any of them out either!!! Enjoy!

The Christmas tree down on Wall Street right in front of the NY Stock Exchange

So awesome to see the NY Stock Exchange, since 9/11 they don't give tours anymore

I'm not sure what this building is called, but this is the site where George Washington was inaugurated as the 1st President of the United States of America. Pretty neat piece of history! I forced us to go to a few historic sites in the city, I love seeing historic stuff, I've been to D.C. once and I am dying to go back again!

Beautiful church down on Wall Street

Every girls dream! Tiffany & Co.

Self explanatory, and we didn't even get to see the man! In fact, we didn't see a single famous person on our whole trip, I was kinda bummed!

The Trump Building

And of course, I had to get a picture of the actual Wall Street sign

Introducing....
Wow, Times Square was unlike anything I had ever seen before!!! There were so many lights, people, and things to see! Not to mention that it was so loud down there! I wish we would have had more time to explore down there, but it was so cold, and we finally decided to just get back to the hotel before we froze!
If you've ever seen the music video for "Empire State of Mind", we stood right there on those red stairs where Alicia Keys plays the piano! Pretty cool!!
"Lieutenant Dan, ice cream...."
The always present Hard Rock Cafe, they're everywhere famous, right??
Inside the Hershey's store on Times Square, as if he needs more sugar!
Keifer with the World's Largest Hershey's Bar
I made them go into the M&M's store, who wouldn't want to explore three stories of M&M's gear?! They had everything!


1 comment:

J said...

Girl, I'm so jealous of you! This is one state that I'm just dying to visit! I also want to visit during Christmas because I hear it is just beautiful!

I love the pictures, looks like you had an AMAZING time!