Sunday, July 4, 2010

Week 17 Survey!!!

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — his lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now, and he's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. He can move his joints, and his sweat glands are starting to develop.



Survey


How far along? 17 weeks

Weight Gain? I got on the scale this week and it said I was up another 3 lbs, I will get an official weight Tuesday at the Dr.

Maternity clothes? The normal clothes are dwindling quickly, still got some shirts that I can wear, but that's about it. I've gotten lots of cute maternity stuff though, it's always nice to have new clothes!

Stretch marks? Nope! Haven't seen any...

Sleep? So much better this week, I'm sleeping for 5-6 hour stretches, which I haven't done in months, we are trying to change our bedtime routine and we turned down the temp in our house, and that has seemed to help

Best moment this week? Going to the Perinatal appt and seeing the baby looking like a "real" baby, and finding out that we are having a little MAN!!!

Movement? I think I felt something this week!!! But I'm not sure! I'm driving myself crazy. When I do feel it I sit really still and see if I can feel it again, but there's nothing there, so I'm still waiting to confirm movement!

Belly Button: In or Out? In, but already looks shallow, it wasn't very deep to begin with, so I think it's going to pop quite early on!

Food cravings?
Nothing new this week, just sticking with my sour candies!

Gender? As you read in my previous post, we caved! It's a boy!!!

Labor signs? Nope, we've been all good!

What I miss? I couldn't get in my parents hot tub this weekend on my visit, but I guess I'll make some sacrifices!

What I'm looking forward to? Getting the baby room started! We got our bedding so we can start matching colors and deciding what all we want to do! And getting another ultrasound in 3 weeks!

Weekly Wisdom: Since we are having a boy, people tell me, "just leave that baby where he is, he's much less trouble in there! Once he comes out you'll never have control of him again." Great, Thanks!

Milestones: Getting a GREAT report on our Level 2 ultrasound!





No comments: