Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week 19 Survey!!!

Baby's the size of a mango!!!


Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to him, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.






Survey


How far along? 19 weeks

Weight Gain? I've avoided the scale this week, so I have no clue!

Maternity clothes? Loving my maternity shorts! I think I'm going to try to find me some cute comfy dresses that I can wear to work!

Stretch marks? Nope! Haven't seen any...trying to remember to use my cocoa butter lotion!

Sleep? Much better, but I have no reason as to why! It's frustrating!

Best moment this week? Lots of them! Can't choose just one!

Movement? Definitely feeling him! Probably 2-3 times a day at least! So EXCITING!!!

Belly Button: In or Out? Not out yet! But I can see the bottom!

Food cravings? Nothing really... just hungry all the time! I read that mothers who are pregnant with boys will be hungrier that those with girls, so far this is definitely ringing true!

Gender? It's our little man!

Labor signs? Nope, we've been all good! I hope to not write anything else here for a long time!

What I miss? Not sweating! Before I was pregnant, I would never sweat, now I do quite often, I really don't like it!

What I'm looking forward to? Making sure he's still a he at our 20 week ultrasound on July 20th!

Weekly Wisdom: Give the husband a break, he is trying! (At least he appears to be!! haha, he's putting up with all my crap so far!)

Milestones: Almost half way!!!! YAY!!!







No comments: