Sunday, July 11, 2010

Week 18 Survey!!!

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon.





Survey


How far along? 18 weeks

Weight Gain? Official wieght at the Dr. appt was 125, so that means that I am up another 7 lbs from my last appointment a month ago...this 40-45 pounds might not be so far fetched after all. I'm up a total of 11 lbs from my first Dr. appt at 8 weeks

Maternity clothes? I think this was the official week that I had to retire all of my regular pants/bottoms, they are no more! This leaves me with a total of 3 shorts/2 pairs of jeans/3 work pants to my name! Fun!

Stretch marks? Nope! Haven't seen any...trying to remember to use my cocoa butter lotion!

Sleep? Back to being bad again, I really wish I could get it fugured out!

Best moment this week? Getting our mobile and the crib bedding in so we can start designing off of those pieces! And getting our house cleaning (like deep cleaning) started, we got the garage cleaning started and got the office/new guest bedroom painted. Very productive week!
Movement? Still in that crazy in between feeling, but I'm feeling it more often, so I'm pretty sure it's the little guy jumping around in there, just can't wait until it's stronger movement!

Belly Button: In or Out? Not out yet!

Food cravings? Nothing really...

Gender? It's a boy!!!

Labor signs? Nope, we've been all good!

What I miss? Being able to run all my errands and not get tired out, this weekend proved that I am going to have to slow down a little bit! Yuck!

What I'm looking forward to? 20 week ultrasound on July 20th!

Weekly Wisdom: Dont really have any wisdom this week either! I've barely got brains enough for myself to use to make it through this week!

Milestones: None that I can think of this week!





No comments: