Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 29 Survey!!!

Baby's now the size of an butternut squash!!!


Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.




Survey



How far along? 29 weeks

Weight Gain? I am officially weighing in at 137 as of last week at my OB appt! That's up 24 lbs from my starting weight.

Maternity clothes? Starting to run out of options...gonna have to do something as this cold weather starts rolling in!

Stretch marks? One more week down, and the belly is still clear!

Sleep? Sleeping pretty good, I'm really tired by the evenings, and I usually don't make it past 9:30, I will fall asleep on the couch if I'm not already in bed.

Best moment this week? Passing my Fetal fibronectin test and getting to see our little man again! And having my first shower in Utopia! So much fun!

Movement? Still a moving monster in there! He hasn't made contact with a rib yet, I don't think, but he's getting close!

Belly Button: In or Out? Still holding strong on being in...maybe it won't turn...I don't know!

Food cravings? I'm going to go with Julio's chips with Julio's dip...not really a must have, but ohhh it sure is good!!

Gender? One big, little boy!

Labor signs? No labor signs, but the OB office told me my cervix was getting close to short last week, so I had the Fetal Fibronectin Test (FFT) done to make sure that I'm not going to go into labor in the next two weeks! It came back negative, so we will retest in two weeks.

What I miss? Nothing really this week!

What I'm looking forward to? Having two 4 day weeks at work these next two weeks, and seeing our little man! That never gets old!

Weekly Wisdom: I now see why you will have an array of sizes of maternity clothes...I started out as a small maternity, and that's gone out the window...

Milestones: One shower down, three more to go!!





No comments: