Friday, October 15, 2010

Yeah...we've got a big boy!

So, Wednesday all day during work, I started having some pain right on the end of my tailbone. I didn't really think much of it, just figured that since the we are getting closer to this finish line, that my body is going to start to get achy. Well the tailbone pain continued all day, and sitting wasn't the most comfortable thing to do. I made it through my day, and then when I got home I started having some stomach pain along the right side of my stomach. Only on the right side though...kinda weird. Well, it continued through the evening, and through the night it got worse. It hurt to move, to do anything that used my stomach muscles at all. It hurt to the touch, and it hurt when Mr. Beau would kick it! Which seemed to be his chosen area to kick! I couldn't sleep and I tossed and turned all night. I was having some Braxton Hicks contractions throughout the night, and everytime I had one, it would make my stomach hurt. Then I would freak out thinking, well, now these are painful, are they real contractions?!? I tried timing them, but there was no consistancy, so that at least alleviated some of my worry. However, I decided to put in a phone call to my Dr. in the morning. The nurse returned my phone call, and had me come in to see the nurse practioner and get checked out.

Turns out that I am having some severe ligament pains, and from the pain that I'm describing, she said that it sounds like my ligaments might be having spasms as well. So now,upon her recommendation, I am the proud new owner of a maternity support belt. And let me tell you, it is fabulous!! It helps my poor little belly to hold itself up with no pain anymore! Thank heavens!
Not the best photo of it, but mine looks just like this one, but in white!

No comments: