Monday, November 22, 2010

Week 37 Survey!!!


Baby's now the size of a watermelon!!!

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.



Survey


How far along? 37 weeks

Weight Gain? Still haven't broken the 150 lb mark, as of my OB appointment this week I weighed in at 149 lbs! That's up a total of 36 lbs.

Maternity clothes? Now that I will be at home, we are mostly looking at gym clothes, shorts and a T-shirt!

Stretch marks? I think I've got some now...but I can't really tell because they are only on the underside of my belly and I can't really see them to tell if they are or not!!

Sleep? Half and half, some nights are good, and some I am awake literally every two hours. getting my body ready for when Mr. Beau is waking me up I guess!

Best moment this week? Finishing up and having my last day at work!

Movement? I think he's really running out of room as he usually is pushing all over the place as if in an effort to push the walls out!!

Belly Button: In or Out? Completely flat now, the top part is poking out too!

Food cravings? More fried pickles this week, they give me heart burn, but they are soooo worth it!!

Gender? Our little dude!

Labor signs? Nope, just the fake contractions, I think we are really going to have to make him come out!

What I miss? Sleeping comfortably, my belly is starting to get too heavy to lay on my side, it feels like it drags down!

What I'm looking forward to? Finishing up Beau's room and meeting him in a little over a week!!!!

Weekly Wisdom: Just because you have an induction date scheduled doesn't mean that's when he will arrive...I don't know how many people I've had tell me this...and while I am aware that that is always possible, I really try not to worry about it, since I am really freaked out about going into labor on my own while I am still on the blood thinner!



Here is a bonus picture...I thought that it really showed how low I am carrying him! (Please disregard my dirty mirror, it's on my list of cleaning for this week!!!)

1 comment:

Nick and Kristi said...

You have def dropped.....thats what I thought when I seen the first picture:) and I hear you on worrying about going into labor on blood thinners that is one of my fears...I just keep praying that I have been through so much please please let me have a great delivery and healthy little boy:) Are you starting to show any signs like dilating or anything like that? Just curious...Take Care and I cant believe your little miracle is almost here