Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Week 36 Survey!!!



Baby's now the size of a melon!!!

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement.

At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely he's in a head-down position. But if he isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying he'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating his from the outside of your belly.




Survey


How far along? 36 weeks

Weight Gain? At my OB appointment this week I weighed in at a whopping 144lbs! That's up a total of 31 lbs, so that's 1 lb in the past week that I've gained.

Maternity clothes? My belly hangs out most of the time because my shirts all ride up and my pants slide down, leaving the middle out in the wind!

Stretch marks? Nope!!! No new ones, and the belly is still looking good!

Sleep? still not too bad...I'm probably going to jinx myself now!

Best moment this week? Getting more work done on Beau's room!

Movement? Still a crazy man!

Belly Button: In or Out? It is almost completely flat now!

Food cravings? I had me some fried pickles this week, and they were oh, so good!!

Gender? Still a little prince!

Labor signs? Still having the Braxton Hicks contractions, but that is all! Only two more weeks until the real labor begins! Hard to believe!

What I miss? Nothin much this week!

What I'm looking forward to? Thanksgiving and finishing work this Friday!!!!

Weekly Wisdom: Even if you write things down on your calendar, you can still forget them. I had birthing class written on every calendar I have for this Sunday, and I still forgot to go! I was so mad at myself!





No comments: